In this tutorial we will cover step by step guide on how to Transfer your domain name from Web4Africa to DomainKing.NG. For transferring your domain name you just need your EPP code and disable registrar lock.
To transfer your domain from Web4Africa you need to do the following:
1) Get your EPP code/Auth Code.
2) Disable Registrar lock at Web4Africa.
3) Place the domain transfer order at DomainKing.NG.
How to get your EPP Code of your domain name from Web4Africa?
Auth Code or EPP code is a unique code for your domain that you need to use to transfer your domain to another provider. It is a form of unique security code for your domain that only you would know so nobody can transfer your domain without your permission.
To Generate EPP code from Web4africa you need to follow the below steps:
1) Login to your client panel at Web4africa
2) On the top of the Navigation bar in your client panel click on "Domains"
3) Now a list of all your domains at Web4frica will appear on the screen. You need to click on domain name that you want to manage or transfer.
4) On the left of the domain management panel under Manage Tool bar you need to click on "Get EPP Code"
Now EPP code will show on your screen. You can save your EPP code as it will be required for transferring the domain name.
How to Disable Registrar Lock of your domain name at Web4Africa?
Registrar lock is usually enabled by the domain registrar on your domain in order avoid unauthorized domain transfer. So you cannot transfer your domain without disabling the registrar lock & you need to unlock your domain name if its enabled on the domain which you want to transfer.
To Unlock your domain at Web4Africa you need to follow the below steps:
1) Login to your Web4africa account
2) On the top of the panel click on "Domains"
as shown in the screenshot.
3) Now from the list of domain names, you need to click on domain name that you want to unlock.
4) On the left of the panel, under Manage tool bar you need to click on "Registrar Lock"
to unlock your domain.
5) Now you will see the Registrar Lock Status on your screen. You need to click Disable Registrar Lock to unlock your domain.
Place the Domain Transfer Order at DomainKing.NG:
After you have unlocked your domain name and have got the EPP code for your domain name you now need to place the domain transfer order
After you have paid the invoice of your domain transfer order you will receive domain transfer initiate request on your administrative contact email of your domain . You need to click on the link in the email to initiate the domain transfer.
Approve the Domain Transfer Request:
You will now receive the email from your current registrar Web4Africa regarding the domain transfer request. You need to approve the request by clicking on the link given in that email.
After your approve the domain transfer request your domain will be transferred to us within 72 hours.