Quick steps to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to DomainKing.NG
In this article we will guide you through all the steps needed to transfer your domain from GoDaddy to DomainKing.NG.
Transferring your domain is an easy process and requires two things before you get started.
Requirements for transferring your domain from GoDaddy to DomainKing.NG:
- Unlock Registrar Lock: The Registrar Lock is a lock that prevents your domain from being transferred it to other registrar or domain provider. By enabling this Registrar Lock your domain cannot be moved to another registrar without your permission. So if you want to transfer your domain you will need to unlock this Registrar Lock.
- EPP code: An EPP code is a secret code that is required when you transfer your domain to another provider. You can generate an EPP code from your domain panel with your current domain provider.
How to unlock Registrar Lock from GoDaddy?
To unlock your domain name follow the below steps:
- Login to your GoDaddy Account.
- At the top of the navigation bar click on “My Products”.
- Click on the “Manage” button in the domains section as shown in the screenshot.
- You will see a list of all your domains. Click on the “Domain Settings” button next to the domain that you want to transfer to us.
- Scroll down to the “Additional Settings” section & click on the “Edit” link beside the “Domain Lock” section.
- Unlock your domain by clicking on the toggle button as shown in the screenshot.
Your domain with GoDaddy has been unlocked.
How to get EPP code from GoDaddy?
Follow the below steps to generate your EPP code:
- Login to your GoDaddy account
- At the top of the navigation bar click on “My Products”
- Click on the “Manage” button in the Domains section.
- A list of all your domains with display on screen. Click the “Domain Settings” button as shown in the screenshot.
- Go down to the “Additional Settings” section and click on “Authorization code”.
- The EPP code will be sent to your registered email by GoDaddy. You can check your email take note of the code.
Now that you have your EPP code let’s get started with the domain transfer.
Transferring your domain
Place a domain transfer order:
Place a domain transfer order.
While placing the order you will need to enter the EPP code.
Approve the domain transfer request:
- After making payment you will get an email from us regarding your domain transfer. This email will be sent to the email address you used to register your domain. Approve the transfer request by clicking on the link provided in the email.
- Next you will need to approve the domain transfer from your GoDaddy account.
Now that you have approved the domain transfer request from both registrar and GoDaddy you will need to wait a few days for the request to go through. This usually takes 2-3 days.