In this guide we will explain you all the steps that you can follow for transferring your domain from Godaddy to DomainKing.NG.
It is very easy to transfer your domain without any inconvenience. For transferring your domain you just need to unlock your domain and EPP code.
1) Unlock Registrar Lock: Registrar Lock is a lock that prevent your domain for transferring it to other registrar or domain provider. By enabling this Registrar Lock your domain cannot be moved to other registrar without your approval. So if you want to transfer your domain then you need to unlock this registrar lock.
2) EPP code: EPP code is a unique or secret code that is required during place a transfer order for your domain. So if you want to transfer your domain to us then you must need to generate EPP code from your domain panel as it is provided by current registrar.
For unlocking your domain name you need to follow the below steps:
1) Login to your Godaddy Account.
2) In your Godaddy account, on the top of the Navigation Bar click on “My Products”.
3) Click on “Manage” button in the Domains section as shown in the screenshot.
4) Now you will see all the list of domains that you have registered with Godaddy. You need to click on “Domain Settings” button next to the domain that you want to transfer to us as shown in the screenshot.
5) Scroll down to “Additional Settings” section & click on Edit link beside of “Domain Lock” to unlock Registrar lock.
6) Now you can Unlock your Registrar lock by clicking on on/off button as shown in the screenshot.
Now your domain with Godaddy has been unlocked.
For generating your EPP code you need to follow the following steps:
1) Login to your Godaddy account.
2) From the top of the Navigation bar click on “My Products”
3) Now in the Domains section you need to click on “Manage” button.
4) Now all the list of all your domains with Godaddy is displaying on screen. You need to click “Domain Settings” button as shown in the screenshot.
5) Go down to Additional Settings section and click on “Authorization code”.
6) EPP code has been sent to your registered email by Godaddy. You can check your email and you can note this code. This code will require your to place a domain transfer order.
Now your domain is unlocked and you have also generated your EPP code for your domain that you want to transfer.
Place a domain transfer order:
You can now place a domain transfer order at domain transfer page for transferring your domain to DomainKing.NG
While placing the domain transfer order you need to enter the EPP code.
Approve the domain tranfer request:
1) After making payment you will get a mail from DomainKing.NG regarding your domain transfer on your registered email. You need to approve the transfer request by clicking on the link given in the mail as shown the screenshot.
2) Now you need to approve the domain transfer from your Godaddy account. You can login to your Godaddy account and approve the domain transfer request.
Now you have approved the domain transfer request from both registrar. Your domain transfer process is now initiate. Your domain will be transferred within 2-3 days.