Are you looking to transfer your domain to us from 1and1?
In this tutorial we will cover the complete procedure in simple steps to transfer your domain name from 1&1 domain provider to DomainKing.NG. I’ll show you how you can transfer your domain securely & without hassle on your own.
In this tutorial I’ll would cover all the steps that you would need to follow to safely transfer your domain name from 1&1.
I have created a checklist of the steps that you need to follow in order to proceed with the transfer. Listed below are all the important things that you need to know and check before you can transfer your domain from 1&1 to us.
1) Your domain name should be 60 days old before it transferring to another domain provider.
2) The Registrar Lock of your domain name must be disabled before placing the transfer order.
3) Removal of Privacy Protection on your domain should be must before placing the transfer order.
4) You also need to generate the EPP code as it require while placing the transfer order.
To Transfer your domain name form 1and1 (1&1) to DominKing.NG you need to do the following:
1) Get EPP code of your domain name
The EPP code or Auth code is a kind of a code that provide the extra security to your domain name. It is not possible to transfer a domain name to another provider without generating the EPP code.
This code is provided by your current registrar at the time of transfer. The EPP code for every domain is different.
It is the the unique code for the securities purposes so that your doamin name cannot be transferred to another without your permission.
You can follow the below steps to generate the EPP code of your domain name at 1and1 (1&1):
1) First of all you need to login to your 1and 1 (1&1) client panel.
2) After logging to your 1&1 client panel, you will see list of options on the left side of your page. You need to Scroll down to MY PRODUCTS section and click on Domains as shown in below screenshot.
3) Now you will be redirected to a page where the list of your domain names registered with 1&1 is displaying on the screen.
You need to click on the domain name that you want to transfer to DomainKing.NG
4) You need to click on the Renewal & Transfer shown in the navigation bar as shown in below screenshot.
5) Now scroll down to and click on Show Authorization Code next to the Change Provider as shown in he below screenshot.
After clicking on the Show Authorization Code the EPP code wis displaying on the screen. You can copy that EPP code that require to place the transfer order.
Registrar Lock is the lock or it is a safety measures to protect any accidentally transfer of your domain name to another provider.
This Registrar Lock on domain name service is provided by the current registrar of your domain name.
When Registrar lock is enabled on your domain name then functions like modification and transferring to another provider is prohibited. You need to disable this lock to transfer your domain name to DomainKing.NG.
For disabling the Registrar lock on your domain name, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
1) Login to your 1and1 (1&1) client panel.
2) From the left side of the page you need to click on Domains as shown in the below screenshot.
3) Now you need to click on Domain name that you want to transfer to DomainKing.NG.
4) Click on the Renewal & Transfer from the top of the navigation bar.
5) Now the Registrar Lock status is displaying on the screen. You need to click on toggle button to disable the registrar lock.
The Registrar lock of your domain name has been disabled now to transfer your domain name from 1&1 to DomainKing.NG
Privacy Protection is the feature to hide the contact or whois information of your domain name. This service is also provided by the current registrar of your domain name.
Generally when you are registering a domain name then you need to fill your contact information which is mandatory. Also most of the domain’s registrant want to hide his contact information to protect it from stammers and hackers. So you can hide your contact information by enabling this feature on your domain name.
You can follow the below mentioned steps to disable the Privacy Protection on your domain name at 1and1 (1&1):
1) Login to your 1and1 (1&1) client panel.
2) On the left side of the page click on Domains under My products section.
3) Click on the domain name that you want to transfer away from 1&1.
4) Now you need to click on Privacy & Contact Details from the top of the navigation bar.
5) Click on the toggle button to disable the Privacy Protection on your domain name.
Now the Privacy Protection of your domain name has been disabled so that you can transfer your domain away from 1&1.
Once done with generating the EPP code, disabling Registrar lock and disabling Privacy Protection you can place the transfer order at our domain transfer page.
If you are facing difficulty while placing the domain transfer order then you can take help from our guide to place the domain transfer order.
When you will paid your domain transfer invoice then you will receive a domain transfer initiation email on your administrative contact of your email. You need to click on the link given in that email to approve the transfer request.
Once done with approving the transfer request your domain will be transferred with 5-7 days.