.Edu.ng is a Nigerian cctld (country-code top level domain) restricted for Educational Institutions in Nigeria. It is a recommended domain extension for any academic institute like Colleges & Universities in Nigeria. Registering a edu.ng domain for your institution can increase your trust & provide you recognition.
To register your edu.ng domain you need to follow the following steps:
1) Search and Order the Domain: First you need to search and place an order for the domain that you want to register. For more details see How to Register a .NG domain at DomainKing.NG.
2) Make the payment: After you have placed an order for your domain name, our system will generate an invoice for you to pay. You need to pay the invoice to complete your order.
3) Complete the Requirements for .edu.ng domain: Once you have paid the invoice then you need to send us some documents to complete the registration of your domain. The .edu.ng is a restricted/closed tld and there are some requirements to register this extension. Please read the below mentioned requirements for more details.
Requirements for registering .edu.ng Domain:
The .edu.ng is a restricted tld and can only be registered by Government Approved education institutions in Nigeria. For registering .edu.ng domain you need to send us the following documents:
1) Copy of Registered or Incorporated document of your Institution under the relevant laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
2) Copy of Accreditation document under relevant authorities like Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC), National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), NCCE and any other body as recognized by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
3) Letter from the head of the institution with your Institution’s contact details.
We will then send all the above documents to NIRA (Nigeria Internet Registration Association) the .NG domains Registry for approval. After they have verified your documents, your domain will be activated and you can then start using it. Generally it takes 1 Week or less for the documents to be verified and domain to be activated.
If you have any further queries regarding this, you can contact our support anytime. We will answer all your questions.