WordPress theme is the layout & design of your website. It will affect the appearance of your website or blog. One of the best features of WordPress is that with it you get access to their free Themes library, that comprises of thousands of cool free themes.
There are two ways for installing WordPress themes. You can either install any free themes as per your requirement from the WordPress library. Or you can also upload manually upload your own designed theme or any premium theme downloaded from the internet.
Following are the methods to install your WordPress themes:
1) Install theme from Official WordPress Theme Directory in WP Admin Panel
2) Upload your local downloaded theme from your PC/device
Install theme from Official WordPress Theme Directory in WP Admin Panel:
This method will allow you to choose and install from a selection of thousands of free WordPress themes that are available in Official WordPress Directory/Library. For this you need to do the following:
1) Login to your WordPress admin panel
2) In the WordPress admin area navigate to Appearance > Themes
in the sidebar.
3) Once there, you will see that there are a few themes that are already pre-installed in your WordPress. These are the themes that are automatically installed in your WordPress during the initial WordPress installation.
Either you can activate one of the pre-installed theme or you can search and add new theme by clicking on "Add New"
4) Now you will see a lot of options to search for your desired theme from the WordPress themes Library.
WordPress theme library
shows the list of featured & most popular WordPress themes handpicked by WordPress developers. You can either select a theme from WordPress's "Featured" or "Popular"
themes in their library. If you don't like the featured themes then you can search for a theme according to your own requirements using the Search Box
on that page.
If you want to find a theme for your football website then you need to type "Football"
in the search box
for searching all WordPress themes related to football.
You can also use "Feature Filter"
for searching themes according to your requirement. Using the filter option you can search themes of different colors, different designs & various layouts.
5) After choosing your desired theme, move your cursor on the theme that you want to install and click on "Install"
button. You can also view the demo of that theme by clicking "Preview"
6) After clicking Install button your selected theme will automatically be installed in your WordPress. To use this theme on your website click "Activate"
Now your theme has been successfully installed on your Website or Blog. You can view it by visiting your website in your browser.
Upload your local downloaded theme from your PC/device:
This method is useful when you have a theme that you have downloaded to you PC/Laptop and you want to use that theme on your WordPress website. To upload your theme from your local PC/Laptop in WordPress, you need to do the following:
1) Login to your WordPress admin panel. Go to Appearance > Themes
. After that click on "Add New"
2) To upload your theme from your local PC/Laptop you need to click "Upload"
3) Click "Browse"
and select the theme that you want to install on your website from your PC and after that click on "Install"
4) Now WordPress will automatically install your theme for you. After that WordPress will display the successful installation message. To use your theme you need to click "Activate"
Its now all done.
You can check by opening your website in your browser. You will now see the new installed theme on your website. Enjoy!